- Recognize how the forklift functions as a lever system to lift its load.
- Identify the definition and location for the center of gravity for the unloaded lift.
- Identify the definition and location of the “stability triangle” on the forklift.
- Identify the definition and location of a forklift’s combined center of gravity, how it changes with the position of the load, and how it determines the stability of the forklift.
- Identify weight restrictions and load limits.
Available in English
Instant Safety Video
Learners will demonstrate awareness of safe forklift operation principles by identifying basic key features on the lift, recognizing the technical components of forklift operation, listing safe load handling and driving practices, stating general safety rules, and inspecting and maintaining lift equipment.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸